Music Studio Policy
(Full Term & Monthly payment)
1. Music Studio
- Piano-Tutor Music Studio operates three-term school academic year with 38 lessons offered.
- School holiday lessons depending on the tutor’s availability can be flexible arranged.
- Music studio is closed as the below date:
- New Year’s day - Jan 1st
Christmas 23rd – 27th
- Please Note: Monday students will have lessons when there is no school – bank holiday.
- Apply for a place at Piano Tutor can be enrolled at any time throughout the year.
- Enrol to secure a place by returning the completed registration form and pay any fees applicable. Places cannot be reserved without payment.
- Priority will be given to our current or regular students enrolling for their term /monthly lessons.
3. Fees (as detailed on the fee page)
- Tuition fees must be paid in advance before the scheduled lessons commences.
- Lessons are charged in different graded levels and depending on lesson length.
- Type of tuition payment plans are full term, monthly, fortnightly, pay-as-you-go
3.1 Registration & Deposit fees
- A yearly non-refundable registration fee of £15 is required for each student to acceptance of a place at Piano Tutor and consent to our Music Studio Policy for the entire academic year. It also covers the running cost of music materials, maintenance, and technology.
- All new student must pay a deposit of £40. This deposit will be refunded when the student leaves Piano Tutor, a minimum of 5 weeks written notice is given and up-to-date fees before current term/month ends.
3.2 Tuition Payment Plans
All paid tuition fees are strictly non-refundable.
(a) Full Term
- Paying term fees in advance, a student is securing a regular weekly lesson time for the entire term.
- Tuition fees must be paid before the lesson commences OR fees is due no later than the first lesson of each term.
- Lesson rescheduling for the new term is on a first-come first-served basis, with returning term students given priority.
- All lesson must take place within the term registered No outstanding lessons offer after the term ends No credit lessons from one term to the next.
- By paying monthly fees in advance you are securing a regular weekly lesson time for that month.
- Tuition fees is must be paid before the lesson commences OR fees is due no later than the first lesson of each month.
- Lesson rescheduling for the new month is on a first-come first-served basis, with returning term students given priority.
- All lesson must take place within the month registered No outstanding lessons offer after the month ends No credit lessons from one month to the next.
(c) Fortnightly Plan
(d) Pay as You Go
- Pay lessons individually or “pay as you go” is to secure the time slot at booking only by paying for each lesson 24 hours before the lesson commences.
- Lessons are pre-booked based on availability.
- No upfront fees; No regular time slot each week; no commitment to long term
- Any lesson is not paid 24 hours before it starts will now be automatically cancelled.
- Any missed lesson without notice or late cancellation notice for any reason will automatically incur the full charge of the lesson and this lesson will not be made-up or credited
- Rescheduled lessons can be rearranged for that same week, but this solely subject to the tutor’s availability.
- Once a booking is made, our 48 hour cancellation policy applies OR any lesson rescheduling or cancellation requires at least 48 hour notice before the scheduled lesson.
- Lesson will be terminated, if the payment is not received 24 hours before the booked lesson commences.
3.4 Music and material fees
- Tuition doesn’t include the cost of music & theory books, exam books, or any other music related materials, etc. when required. Books can be provided, billed, and purchased through the teacher
- Occasionally additional music event fees will be required, such as concerts, music festival, competition, examinations, and other performance opportunities.
4. School Holiday & Summer Holiday Lessons
- School holiday and summer holiday lessons depending on the availability of the tutor can be flexible on lesson arrangement at a mutually convenient time. Please contact us to discuss your individual requirements.
- Holiday lessons are typically encouraged for all students and usually reversed for waiting-list students and existing students to upkeep their learning or require extra preparations for the music audition, competition and examinations.
- Holiday lesson fees are paid weekly in advance or before the booked lesson commence.
5. Overdue fees
5.1 Term Payment
- An administration fee of £15 late fee will be charged for all payments received past the 2nd lesson of each term for the term payment.
- Lesson will be terminated if two or more weeks behind in term tuition payments.
5.2 Monthly Payment
- An administration fee of £15 late fee will be charged for all payments received past the 10th of the month for the monthly payment.
- Lesson will be terminated, if the monthly tuition payment is not received before the 2nd lesson commences of the month.
5.3 Pay as You Go payments
- Lesson will be terminated, if the payment is not received 24 hours before the booked lesson commences.
6. Methods of Payments
Payments can be accepted by bank transfer preferably, cheque and cash.
7. Cancellation/ Rescheduling/Make-Up Lessons
- No payment credit or refund for all the missed lessons already paid for any reason, even cancellation notification is made in advance.
- All paid lesson must take place by the end of the term/month registered.
- Lessons missed for any reason cannot be added onto the end of the term/month registered under any circumstance.
- No outstanding lessons provide after the term/month ends.
- No credit lessons from one term/month to the next.
- Lesson cancellation requires at least 48 hours’ notice before the scheduled lesson. Notification after this period or non-attendance without notice will automatically incur the full charge of the lesson or the lesson will not be made up or credited unless exceptional circumstance (eg. family emergency, funeral)
- Please provide other available days and times for lesson rescheduling while cancelling.
- The make-up lesson is subject to availability or not guaranteed. The lesson may be with the same or different teacher on other available days and times.
- Term-paying student is allowed two make-up lessons per term only without charge if the cancellation is made in advance. Otherwise, no make-up lessons due to conflicts with activities, such as sports, clubs, parties or etc.
- Monthly-paying student is allowed two make-up lessons in a rolling 3 –month period only without charge if the cancellation is made in advance. Otherwise, no make-up lessons due to conflicts with activities, such as sports, clubs, parties or etc.
8. Teacher absence
A scheduled lesson is cancelled due to teacher’s absence, illness or availability, the missed lesson will be rescheduled, credited or refunded.
8.1. Short term teacher
- Short term teacher absence any lesson missed by a teacher absence, the lesson will be rescheduled at a mutually convenient time. If a student is unable to attend a make-up lesson, the lesson will be credited to the pupil’s account.
8.2 Long term teacher
- Long term teacher absence, a substitute teacher may be arranged and the lessons will continue as normal. Should a student be unable to attend the offered lessons, or should there be no alternative availability, the pupils’ lessons will be discontinued and the value of the remaining lessons will be fully refunded without notice period requirement from the student.
9. Inclement weather
- If school or work cancellation due to a snow day, please reassure that lessons will remain take place as usual since the roads are generally clear by afternoon. Please contact ahead if feeling very uncomfortable with weather & traveling condition.
- Lessons cancelled due to inclement weather will be rescheduled.
10. Lesson procedure with and parent/guidance support
10.1 Attendance & Lesson procedure
- Consistently agree to attend music lessons each week to help from maintaining motivation and progress. Even having not had a good practice week or lack of preparation, a pupil will really benefit from having a lesson.
- Pupils are expected to be well-prepared and bring all their music books and a notebook to every lesson.
- Attend each lesson punctually. Arrive a few minutes before the lesson to remove shoes or any outwear, to get ready to begin lessons on time.
- Please let the teacher know in advance, if something is happening at home or school that may affect your child.
- Clipping finger nails and washing hands, if needed, before lesson time.
- Foods & non-water drinks are not allowed in the studio.
- Pupil’s notebook will outline what was worked on during lesson time and what should focus on for that week each week. Check it weekly to be aware of any assigned homework & other written communication.
- Parents/guardians are welcome to sit in your child’s lesson or to remain in the waiting area while the lessons take place if you wish.
- During a child’s lesson, parental involvement and supervision can often negatively affect students’ learning and concentration. However on the other occasions, it has proven be very beneficial to support a child’s home practice.
- Siblings who take lessons back-to-back are welcome to wait silently in the studio during each other’s lessons.
- Please bring enough reading and drawing materials, playing on tablets/phones with silent mode, or doing homework to stay occupied.
10.3 Parental/guardians Support
- Parental/guardian’s support plays an extremely important factor in their child’s musical training and education. A child tends to be a more motivated and enthusiastic leaner as well as having a more productive progress while parents take an active role in their learning process.
- Children under 9 are usually expected to help with home practice.
11. Practice expectation
- Create a quiet space or learning environment where the pupils can concentrate on their practice without much distraction
- Schedule a time for practice each day. Work best if practicing at the same time daily.
- To make a good progress in music, ideally pupils are expected to dedicatedly practice at least 20- 60 minutes, 4-5 days a week as a guide OR Pupils should practice long enough to complete their previous lesson requirement or assignments.
- Quality of practice time is more important than the quantity of practice.
- If there is a lack of progress, there is probably a lack of practice!
12. Music Instruments
- To have an acoustic piano ideally and should be tuned at least once in a year.
- An 88 key digital piano with harmer graded action is desirable.
- Otherwise at least 4 octaves of full sized keyboard with touch sensitivity can be used temporary, but it is not satisfactory for the continued study or musically progress of piano at the later stage.
- A metronome is required.
- Pupils arriving late for lessons will use only remaining time left in the lessons and unfortunately lesson time cannot be extended at the end of the lesson.
- If a teacher is late, the time will be made up at a later, agreed upon time.
14. Safety of pupils
- Our music teacher only accept responsibility for the safety of pupils once they are under the teachers’ supervision during their lesson time in the studio.
- Parents should escort their children to the lesson, and arrive promptly to collect them once the lesson has ended.
15. Competition & Public Performance Opportunity
- All students are encouraged to play at concerts, music festivals, competition, audition & exams or any performing opportunity comes.
- Participation is optional but highly encouraged as performance opportunities develop self-esteem and confidence to achieve a great sense of accomplishment and take pride for their hard work towards their music goal settings.
- Student who are not performing are also very welcome to attend.
- Students will not be entered for any music competition or public performance without the prior consent of both the tutor & the pupil (or the pupil’s parent or carer, where applicable)
16. Music Examinations
- We prepare our students towards the relevant music examination during their course of study or music lessons with us.
- Music Examinations are completely optional but highly recommended as the aim of a graded music exam is to nurture and develop the all-round musicians.
- Regardless a student’s performing abilities, a fully well-prepared student are expected to feel secure, comfortable and confident in all areas of the exam criteria, apart from playing the pieces & technical works steadily and fluently.
- A pupil will not be entered for any music examinations without the prior consent of both the tutor & the pupil (& the pupil’s parent or carer, where applicable)
- Music Practical & Theory Examinations are held, at the nearest respective exam centre, 3 times in school academic year. Exam entry fees must be made in full before the closing date of exam entry and are non-refundable.
17. Termination of Music Tuition
- A student should commit to attend paid lessons for the full teaching year. If unforeseen circumstances require a student to discontinue, a minimum of 5 weeks’ written notice must be given to formally withdrawn. Written notice may be given in on paper, by email, or SMS text message.
- Piano Tutor reserves the right to terminate if a pupil has poor attendance, inadequate practice habits, a pupil’s or anyone connect with the student’s unreasonable conduct, and repeatedly violate our Music Studio Policy, then the fees for any outstanding lessons will not be refundable.
18. Use of Photographs & Videos
We occasionally take photos and videos of students performing in lessons, concerts, and events, and post them on our website and/or social media pages. If you would prefer not to have you or your child's photo/video displayed then please inform us at the time of registration.
19. Staying in Touch
Close communication between parent and teacher is important. If you have any further questions or concern about your child’s progress, please contact: +44 0777 047 6665; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please read these music studio policy carefully. By accessing this website or registering with Piano-Tutor you agree to be bound by our music studio policy as above.
- Music Studio Policy as well as associated fees, charges are subject to change without notice, from time to time. It can be viewed on the website at any time.
- If you do not agree with these music studio policy, please do not access this website or register with us.
Thank you for your continued co-operation